Writer's Craft

Southwood's EWC4UI Writer's Craft Course 2010

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

BioAndronian Ship Identification Database: IAS Forgotten Soul

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ocean Seven
S3 Studios Founder
S3 Studios Founder

PostSubject: BioAndronian Ship Identification Database: IAS Forgotten Soul   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:44 am

First off, Characters can be inatimate objects too. Very Happy

The BASID is my way of organising all the Aerospace Vessels I make, and use with some frequence. To start us off, let's dive straight into the fray by looking at what BASID has on the IAS Forgotten Soul, the Superiour Weapons And Tactics Squad (SWATS) finest ship, and the personal flagship of Snpr Mk.VII.

Spoiler:

Probably one of the most confusing things I've ever written, I've tried my best to make it coherent for the newcomer to the One Man War Universe. Simply put, trying to explain all the systems while keeping in mind the physics of this Universe is a tough thing to do. (And this Universe is not your typical Star Wars Universe- engines aren't on forever, never providing additional acceleration, a ship only has a theoretical maximum speed, and regardless of engine output any ship can reach this theoretical maximum speed even with just a rotational thruster given infinite time- 'Flank Speed' is not overheat speed, but rather refers to the speed at which the caller's group/squad/etc defines as their formation-keeping acceleration, not an actual static speed. (They will go to a static speed until all ships are in formation, but once the "Accelerate to Flank Speed' order has been issued, all ships will continually accelerate until they reach the target, or the commander orders a Full Burn Cancel, whereby the ships in the formation will move on momentum only.") But the most apparent difference is engines do not make any sound whatsoever from the outside! Gads, that is the most illogical thing behind keeping an engine on and being unable to pass a certain speed no matter what. That, and how a puny fighter can go faster then a capital ship- you've got Gee Force resistance to consider, power of the engines to mass (a capital ship wins with engines capable of a thrust:mass ratio of exponential proportions) and other minor factors.

Anyways, enough of my rant. TO THE BATFAX!

DeviantART: www.project-n25.deviantart.com
www.Lt-Sandstorm.deviantart.com wrote:
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

"I am Forgotten. I am a Defender of Humanity. I risk my very existence every moment of every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. History will be grateful for what I have done, but history will not know who I am, or what I did. I will not be remembered by anyone, anywhere. When I pass on, nobody will know who I was. I live to block the deadly fragments of a grenade; to take a bullet meant for another; to be in harm's way, so that another will not. I exist for the sole purpose of dying. But for what? This is my life, for all it is worth. I am Forgotten."

-Motto of the Forgotten First Legion, 1st Reborn Fleet
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.project-n25.deviantart.com

BioAndronian Ship Identification Database: IAS Forgotten Soul
Page 1 of 1